Motor Vehicle Accidents Resource Links
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
The NHTSA is a government agency dedicated to making American roads safer for travelers.
- National Safety Council
The National Safety Council, a nonprofit organization, provides links and articles on topics like seat belt use, safe driving for teenagers and reducing motor vehicle crashes.
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
The Department of Transportation is a federal agency focusing on policy and lawmaking to ensure safer travel in the U.S.
- MedlinePlus: Motor Vehicle Safety
This website, from the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health, offers information on preventing motor vehicle crashes.
- Auto Insurance Information
The Insurance Information Institute answers questions and disseminates information on auto safety, auto insurance, teenage drivers and more.
- Nine Ways to Lower Your Auto Insurance Costs
This article discusses steps you can take to obtain a lower auto insurance rate.
- Distracted Driving Shatters Lives
This article discusses the epidemic of distracted driving on America’s roads.
- Stop Aggressive Driving
Learn tips on planning to give yourself extra time to get to your destination and what to do when you encounter an aggressive driver.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety / Highway Loss Data Institute
These organizations focus on studying and preventing highway motor vehicle accidents.