What to Do After an Accident
Car Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge
Louisiana Attorneys Helping You Know What to Do After an Accident
Being involved in the car accident can be a very terrifying experience. Our bodies react quickly, kicking into survival mode. But survival mode can only take you so far, and then confusion sets in. What should you do now? Who should you talk to? What if you're hurt?
The Tadda Law Firm is here to help you answer those questions and more following an accident. Contact us today for a free initial consultation with one of our car accident attorneys in Baton Rouge. Call us toll free: 888-339-1581.
Steps to Take at the Accident Scene
There are simple things you can do at the car accident scene to prepare you for the future:
- Call the police — It is important to have a police report created as soon as possible. Calling the police to the scene will ensure that no false information is given the other driver.
- Request medical care — If you or a passenger feels any pain after the car accident, make sure you request an ambulance at the scene.
- Exchange information with the other driver — Ensure that you receive all pertinent information regarding the other driver, from the license plate and driver's license to insurance information and phone number.
- Take photos of the accident — If you have a cell phone that has a camera built in, use it to take photos of the vehicles and any injuries.
- Get names and license plates of any witnesses — Obtain all information possible from any individuals who witnessed your accident.
Insurance Settlement Offers
Many people wonder if they should speak freely to the insurance companies to get a quick settlement. This is not a good idea. A quick settlement will not provide you with maximum compensation, as you most likely will not know the full extent of your injuries.
Even more, it is important that you do not agree to a monetary settlement with an uninsured or underinsured driver at the scene of the accident. Instead, reach out to an experienced attorney who can help you make a comprehensive claim for your losses and injuries.
If you have been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another person, contact The Tadda Law Firm to speak with one of our personal injury and workers' compensation lawyers. We are always available by telephone — you can even call after-hours and on weekends. If we are unavailable, leave a message. We promptly return all calls. Call us toll free: 888-339-1581.